Please Help, Peeing on Furniture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Help, Peeing on Furniture

Will someone please help me with some advice? I enrolled a 2 yr old boy 3 months ago. Fully potty trained before he came here. He has some minor behavioral issues that I've been trying to take care of myself because Mom doesn't seem to really help in that department. It's blown off and he throws a fit about leaving he is told he can get ice cream on the way home, right after acting up here during the day and more outbursts with her and pick up. That's a reward!
    Anyway this week he recently started peeing his pants out of nowhere. He peed on my couch and I sent her a text telling her I needed another change of clothes and why. Her reply was "ok np". At pick up Dad said "oh yeah, he does that at home sometimes ." I said well no one told me and he hasn't done it the whole time he's been here until now. He said yes sometimes he just doesn't want to get up and go. Now this morning an hour after he was here he was sitting in the rocking chair and peed again. Again I sent her a message and told her I didn't know what was going on but it's not acceptable. I can't keep having to scrub my furniture so something needs to be done. I asked if there might be anything going on at home etc. That text was at 10am has been ignored so far today. Child got up from nap and sat on the carpet and just went again. So now I have to scrub my couch my chair and my carpet all within 2 days. It's really irritating because she does not reply to me. I know she gets a break through the day. It's like she doesn't want to be bothered with his bad behavior and now his peeing issue . So she ignores me the whole day until she comes or has someone else pick him up entirely. She came and picked up finally at the end of the day never won single apology for any of the three times! She just said she don't know what the issue is he's fully potty trained. What do I say to this mother? There have been other issues of cleanliness that I've addressed with her and it was kind of blown off so I'm assuming this is going to be blown off as well. What would you do?

I would talk with both parents and explain what's going on and try to come up with a plan to combat this behavior. Wonder if he's doing this for attention thinking "oh, I do X then i get rewarded with X"? Reason I say this is because we had a child that would do this

Comment

If he is fully potty trained than it is a medical issue and he needs to see a doctor.

Just explain to parents that with a fully trained child wetting himself three times in a short period of time is a symptom that of a possible medical issue and needs to be addressed with a medical doctor before he returns.

If they ask, say it could be a bladder infection/ UTI or even kidney issues, since you are not a medical doctor you are unable to diagnose but either way you need it diagnosed before he returns. That you are just looking out for the child's best interest.
      ​​​​​​

Also add wetting pants to your policies. There was another provider with an issue with a child wetting himself and I recommended that they a have a change of clothes policy limiting to two changes a day. Another words of child runs out of clothes for the day instead of having the parent bring more for you to change they would be required to pick up for the day. (This would also cover parents that don't replace clothing when clothes get soiled and you run out)

Comment

I don’t allow DCK on my furniture any more for this reason. If it can’t be wiped off, they can’t sit on it. They have plastic/wooden chairs so I’m not dragging my carpet cleaner out.

If he is fully potty trained, he should see a doctor for a UTI. I wouldn’t allow him to return until he sees one.

My potty training policy states I don’t potty train. If a child has more than one/two accidents (in total,) I require the child to wear Pull-ups until they are accident free for two weeks. Ask the mother to send Pull-ups until the situation is handled. I am the provider that the PP suggested I have a change of clothing policy for. Like you, after the second/third clean up, I’m over it.

Unless you make it the parents problem, in the parent’s mind, it is your problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
          Will someone please help me with some advice? I enrolled a 2 yr old boy 3 months ago. Fully potty trained before he came here. He has some minor behavioral issues that I've been trying to take care of myself because Mom doesn't seem to really help in that department. It's blown off and he throws a fit about leaving he is told he can get ice cream on the way home, right after acting up here during the day and more outbursts with her and pick up. That's a reward!
          Anyway this week he recently started peeing his pants out of nowhere. He peed on my couch and I sent her a text telling her I needed another change of clothes and why. Her reply was "ok np". At pick up Dad said "oh yeah, he does that at home sometimes ." I said well no one told me and he hasn't done it the whole time he's been here until now. He said yes sometimes he just doesn't want to get up and go. Now this morning an hour after he was here he was sitting in the rocking chair and peed again. Again I sent her a message and told her I didn't know what was going on but it's not acceptable. I can't keep having to scrub my furniture so something needs to be done. I asked if there might be anything going on at home etc. That text was at 10am has been ignored so far today. Child got up from nap and sat on the carpet and just went again. So now I have to scrub my couch my chair and my carpet all within 2 days. It's really irritating because she does not reply to me. I know she gets a break through the day. It's like she doesn't want to be bothered with his bad behavior and now his peeing issue . So she ignores me the whole day until she comes or has someone else pick him up entirely. She came and picked up finally at the end of the day never won single apology for any of the three times! She just said she don't know what the issue is he's fully potty trained. What do I say to this mother? There have been other issues of cleanliness that I've addressed with her and it was kind of blown off so I'm assuming this is going to be blown off as well. What would you do?
          Stop allowing the mother to control what happens during the day in your program.
          Child pees on your floor/furniture = he wears a Pull up or plastic covering to prevent you having to scrub things.

I wouldn’t even entertain a discussion about him being potty trained as it makes no difference when he is peeing all over your space.

It’s YOUR business so take control and TELL daycare mom what you require (Pull ups or plastic covering to prevent urine all over). If mom refuses, then she needs to pay you a $300 deposit to cover costs of professional carpet/furniture cleaning every.single.time her child urinates all over. This fee would be due UPFRONT.

If mom still resists, then your only option is to terminate care or continue scrubbing pee off your stuff.

The hard truth is there is no happy solution that is going to please every one.

Comment

Working...
          X