Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fabric Paint Question

Will fabric paint work on area rugs? :confused:

I want to make a hopscotch mat, car track and a tic-tac-toe board on some cheap area "throw" rugs.

I thought it would be fun to personalize them a bit as well since they are currently on sale for $13 (4ftx6ft, solid colors only).

Anyone tried before?
    - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

What a neat idea!!

According to this article, it is the only way to go. (see the tips on bottom) http://www.ehow.com/how_5746507_pain...ric-paint.html

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post
      What a neat idea!!

According to this article, it is the only way to go. (see the tips on bottom) http://www.ehow.com/how_5746507_pain...ric-paint.html
      THANKS!!!

You rock....

I think I will enlist my teens this weekend. Maybe let them make some up for their rooms, too, for fun. ::
      - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Catherder View Post
        THANKS!!!

You rock....

I think I will enlist my teens this weekend. Maybe let them make some up for their rooms, too, for fun. ::
        Make sure you post pictures...I would love to see the end result. I am so NOT crafty but wish I were..

Comment

You mentioned that you're thinking of making a car mat and it made me think of this one...

I LOVE that it has some trees and grass areas that are 3-d...it would be fun to make!

Comment

Originally posted by kendallina View Post
            You mentioned that you're thinking of making a car mat and it made me think of this one...

I LOVE that it has some trees and grass areas that are 3-d...it would be fun to make!
            I LOVE that one!!! Wow.... Hmm... Maybe we could find some shag ones and shave them some day....

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post
              Make sure you post pictures...I would love to see the end result. I am so NOT crafty but wish I were..
              Ok

I was also thinking of maybe doing the "It's me" life sized pictures of the dckids (aka chalk outline drawing) on the smaller ones. That could make a fun heirloom type mothers day gift for this coming year??

IDK, I have my project ideas going wild, now....

Comment

Working...
              X