Infant Daily Report?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Greenshadow View Post
    I used to do a daily report on paper but I dont anymore. Now I have a dry erase board on the wall by the door. I write down the bottles that the baby has had and what the kids ate for meals as well as what times they took naps. Its better on the landfills and I found that more parents werent even reading them than the parents that were.
    Ooo that's an interesting idea. I'm thinking of putting in a bulletin board just inside the door. I might steal that idea...
    Hee hee! Look, I have a signature!

Comment

Its worked out great (the dry erase board) because the parents check it on their way out the door everyday. Most questions are answered by the board. I write down if someone needs a change of clothes on there or special notices too, like reminders of a day off I need (that I'd requested) that week. I just erase it every day and start over every morning. It cuts down on the amount of time I spend writing a paper for each kid. I'd rather spend my time WITH the kids; not writing about them.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenshadow View Post
        I used to do a daily report on paper but I dont anymore. Now I have a dry erase board on the wall by the door. I write down the bottles that the baby has had and what the kids ate for meals as well as what times they took naps. Its better on the landfills and I found that more parents werent even reading them than the parents that were.
        I totally don't mean to be rude and if it comes out that way, I really don't mean it.

But I think as a parent I would be upset for other parents to read about my child's day.

Believe me, I KNOW daily reports are a waste of time, money, and energy. However I also know that in TX at least its required to hand a parent a daily take home sheet.

But that's just my opinion

Comment

My NEW infant daily report!

Please let me know what you think of my new infant daily report. I worked really hard on it!

Comment

Originally posted by kitkat View Post
            Mine are really simple and include:

-What/when they ate
            -Sleeping
            -Diaper changes
            -A comments section at the bottom

It's basically just a bunch of blank lines with a heading for each section. I've always filled them out and still fill it out for my dcg in 4K!
            Exactly what mine are. I use them for infants only-stop at a year old.

Comment

I use a APP called daily connect . It isn't free but it's so worth it! I have a client who only gets the daily reports by email at the end of the day, because she doesn't have the APP. Another client not only has it sync'd on her phone with mine, but her BOyFriend does too. It's neat seeing all three of us post things on the APP for the one baby as he gets dropped off and picked up, etc... And when he last ate or slept before he arrived here ( if she enters that in , orherwise verbally tells me) .
              You can send pictures to it. And everything. You can add meals/bottles/diaper changes for several babies at the same time by hitting the + button . Emailing the info is easy peasy. Just tap "email" and you can edit it before sending but it goes straight to tour email and automaticly enters everything from whatever time period you want ( just today, or days,etc... Prior)

Comment

I used Baby Connect...an free online program that worked great for me.

Comment

I finally created an infant report that I am happy with and I thought I'd share it here. There is a boy and a girl form. You need a google account to access it.

(I tried uploading the word.doc here but my computer and I do not get along.)

Access Google Drive with a Google account (for personal use) or Google Workspace account (for business use).

Edit: Sorry if anyone couldn't access this. I had it set to private. oops. It's all fixed now.

Comment

infant-daily-report.pdf

This is what I send home with each of my infants each day. All the parents love it and find it very helpful. I even had someone recently leave for financial reasons and they had to have their mom watch the baby instead. She was so worried about it that I gave her a blank copy and she now has her mom fill this out for her too, since she enjoyed reading it so much at the end of the day and it makes her more comfortable that his needs are being met. I would really recommend doing this for each child. I have never thought it was a waste of time.

Comment

I use the Daily Connect app. It offers over 25 different things you can record but I use 9-10, depending on the child.

I always use:
                      Pick up/Drop off
                      Meals (Time, what, amount)
                      Sleep (from when to when)
                      Diaper (poo, pee, dry, plus amount and poo consistency/color)

I sometimes use:
                      Potty (during potty training - poo, pee, empty plus same choices as diaper)
                      Mood
                      Activity
                      Health (when child has runny nose, cough, etc)
                      For me it's much quicker to touch and swipe than to write, plus I can email it to parents and save money on paper and ink!

Comment

I use an infant update memo and a toddler memo from "Funshine Express". For about $6.00 you get 125 memos. They last a really long time and I just keep one and make copys on my printer. They are cute and ez to use and parents like them too. Here is a link to their website so you can see what they offer http://www.funshineexpress.com/?id=2...partment_id=40

I'll try to attach a pic of all 3 update sheets.Click image for larger version

Name:	infant gram.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	981901
                        They also have a toddler update sheet and a preschool memo. All Cute!

Comment

Originally posted by mamac View Post
                          I finally created an infant report that I am happy with and I thought I'd share it here. There is a boy and a girl form. You need a google account to access it.

(I tried uploading the word.doc here but my computer and I do not get along.)

Access Google Drive with a Google account (for personal use) or Google Workspace account (for business use).

Edit: Sorry if anyone couldn't access this. I had it set to private. oops. It's all fixed now.
                          Cute! I like them.

Mine are very basic (see attached), all black, and I tried to fit multiple on one page because I'm very stingy with ink! :::: I also have a non-solids eating infant one that can fit 3 on a page ::
                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                          X