Favorite Daycare Crock-pot Recipes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite Daycare Crock-pot Recipes

What are your DCKs favorite crock-pot recipes?

I'm looking for easy and healthy ideas of something I can throw together at about 7am and have it be ready for lunch around noon.

I have about 3 really awesome eaters who will eat, or at least try to eat, anything that is put in front of them. Then I have 2 other ones who are very picky, but love pasta, chicken nuggets and pizza

Thanks!

I was going to post this same question today, but I am looking for ideas for crock pot dinners for my own family. So tired of having to throw together something at 5 and most nights have to be out the door by 5:30 for evening sports practice, etc! We end up eating waaaaay too much processed junk! Can't wait to see the responses you get! Sorry I can't help you out with any recipes though.

Comment

Really easy recipe. Chunk potatoes, onions (and carrots if you want it to be all in one). Put a whole chicken on top (you can also use pieces), spice generously (garlic, onion salt, paprika is usually what I use). I start on high and put it to low until lunch time.

Really good and really simple.

Comment

Originally posted by slorey View Post
        I was going to post this same question today, but I am looking for ideas for crock pot dinners for my own family. So tired of having to throw together something at 5 and most nights have to be out the door by 5:30 for evening sports practice, etc! We end up eating waaaaay too much processed junk! Can't wait to see the responses you get! Sorry I can't help you out with any recipes though.
        Yes!!! This is what I need as well- would be great to come home to a nice healthy dinner

Comment

Originally posted by Rachel View Post
          Really easy recipe. Chunk potatoes, onions (and carrots if you want it to be all in one). Put a whole chicken on top (you can also use pieces), spice generously (garlic, onion salt, paprika is usually what I use). I start on high and put it to low until lunch time.

Really good and really simple.
          You don't use any liquid? Do you rub seasoning in the meat or just sprinkle in on everything?
          Whole chickens are inexpensive this sounds good

Comment

Check out the recipe on here. Do a search for Crockpot Chicken Soup. I made it last winter and everyone including my family LOVED it!

Comment

My personal favorite is beef stew or roast (in the crockpot)!
              I just use a can of french onion soup or beef broth or beef bouillon cubes and add beef of your choice, potatoes, carrots, onions, garlic, and sometimes green beans. Serve with a fruit and biscuits or croissants!

Comment

I do different recipes in while chickens as well as red beans and rice, spaghetti sauce, soups, most of my dried bans and peas, deer, beef tips, beef stew, meatloaf, and a lot of my casseroles.

Comment

I do my crock pot meals based on what I have available. It varies.

Check out http://allrecipes.com and sign up for their free emails "meal of the day". They also have menu planners.

Type "crock pot" in the search box up top... thousands of cool recipes. FREE.

Warning: The site can be addictive and weight gain is a huge posibility.
                  - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

There were only 55... Is there another way you search it??
                    And I agree- I love allrecipes!

Comment

Here is one for a beef roast. I cut up enough potatoes, carrots, onion & celery to cover the bottom of the crock pot, lay a 3-4lb. Chuck roast on top. Mix 1 pkg of Au Jus Gravy mix and 1 pkg o f Brown gravy mix with 3 cups if water and pour over everything. Cook on low for 8 hours or high for 5 hours.

The Littles love it!

Comment

Originally posted by Familycare71 View Post
                        There were only 55... Is there another way you search it??
                        And I agree- I love allrecipes!
                        Sorry, yes, they call them "slow cooker" recipes in their big section. 1,128 of them alone there.
                        - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Familycare71 View Post
                          You don't use any liquid? Do you rub seasoning in the meat or just sprinkle in on everything?
                          Whole chickens are inexpensive this sounds good
                          No, I don't add any liquid (the chicken will sweat and there will be gravy at the bottom. Liquidy. I'm sure you could thicken it to actual gravy but I never have).

I usually just sprinkle the spices on everything. Generous with the spice. It is really easy and really good, and yes, chicken is cheap here too so this is a once a week special at daycare.

Comment

I do TONS of crockpot meals!
                            I usually find the best ones on Pinterest

Some of our favorites:

Salsa Chicken
                            a couple of boneless chicken breasts
                            Salsa to cover

You can use this in taco's, enchiladas or just by its self.

BBQ Pulled Pork
                            Pork Roast
                            1/2 bottle of BBQ sauce
                            Cook on low 7-8 hours
                            Shred and place in Hamburger buns

Mississippi Roast
                            1 chuck Roast
                            1 stick butter
                            1 packet AuJus Seasoning
                            1 packet ranch dressing seasoning
                            6 whole pepperoncini peppers

Place roast in crock pot
                            Cover with remander of ingrediants
                            cook low 7-8 hours
                            Shed and eat

This is great with Mashed Potatoes!

Breakfast casserole: Super Yummy! I do before bed and it is ready in the morning happyface

1 bag frozen diced hashbrowns
                            2 cups shredded cheese
                            1 lb cooked breakfast meat- Ham or sausage (I normally use jimmy dean sausage)
                            1 cups milk
                            10-12 eggs
                            salt and pepper to taste
                            1tbs Tapatilo (hot sauce- can leave out if for kids)

Beat eggs and milk.
                            Add all ingredients to a greased crockpot
                            Cook low 6-8 hours. (Tip: watch carefully after 7 hours as you do not want it to overcook)

Plain Chicken
                            Boneless Skinless Chicken
                            1 can chicken stock
                            Cook low 7-8 hours

I shred this and keep around to be used in casseroles or for Chicken Salad.

Comment

Originally posted by Rachel View Post
                              No, I don't add any liquid (the chicken will sweat and there will be gravy at the bottom. Liquidy. I'm sure you could thicken it to actual gravy but I never have).

I usually just sprinkle the spices on everything. Generous with the spice. It is really easy and really good, and yes, chicken is cheap here too so this is a once a week special at daycare.
                              Awesome thanks!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X