Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LK5kids View Post
    I would add organic milk and yogurt.
    In my opinion, milk is a big one because of those that use growth hormone in cows. Corn (genetically modified) and meat (growth hormone).
    Last edited by Michael; 10-11-2013, 06:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
      In my opinion, milk is a big one because of those that use growth hormone in cows. Corn (genetically modified) and meat (growth hormone).
      I started using farm fresh milk for a local creamery. The creamery doesn't use any growth hormones and only uses antibiotics on animals that have health issues. Animals given antibiotics are taken off the milk line.

My family and DCKs love the milk. Their 2% tastes better than store brought whole milk. Don't even get me started on their butter.

Comment

How do you afford buying organic? Organic chicken was $9.something a pound today at the store. Eggs are almost 5 bucks compared to 1.59.

Comment

Originally posted by Josiegirl View Post
          How do you afford buying organic? Organic chicken was $9.something a pound today at the store. Eggs are almost 5 bucks compared to 1.59.
          I am very lucky because I get all of my meat and eggs locally, including pork and bacon.

My family has a farm and they sell fresh free range eggs as well as they slaughter their own chickens to sell.

I have chickens also, so I never pay for eggs. And the ones hat don't lay or the extra roosters all are taken down the road here my uncle slaughters and packages them for me. As far as beef and pork, I get that from a local farm who raises and slaughters and packages up their beef, pork, even bacon and ground beef. So I inow it's not full of chemicals and gosh it tastes so much better. Also we do co op farming and they give me all the fresh veggies that I put up or can every year.

Maybe you can find a local farm? It's much cheaper than store bought and tastes so much better. And not to mention cheaper too!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cradle2crayons View Post
            I am very lucky because I get all of my meat and eggs locally, including pork and bacon.

My family has a farm and they sell fresh free range eggs as well as they slaughter their own chickens to sell.

I have chickens also, so I never pay for eggs. And the ones hat don't lay or the extra roosters all are taken down the road here my uncle slaughters and packages them for me. As far as beef and pork, I get that from a local farm who raises and slaughters and packages up their beef, pork, even bacon and ground beef. So I inow it's not full of chemicals and gosh it tastes so much better. Also we do co op farming and they give me all the fresh veggies that I put up or can every year.

Maybe you can find a local farm? It's much cheaper than store bought and tastes so much better. And not to mention cheaper too!!
            For some reason the farms around here that sell their products in local stores charge A LOT! I always hear that buying local is cheaper because they don't have as many transportation costs so it doesn't make sense to me. Local eggs were slightly more than store ought cage free organic eggs.

Comment

Working...
            X