X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*geico*

Comment

Originally posted by Cozy_Kids_Childcare View Post
      I found out today that if I continue my route to get licensed my insurance company will not renew my homeowners insurance due to the liability. So now I have to decide to either leave my insurance company that I have been with for 10-years or stay exempt. This to me in unfair that they can determine what type of occupation I have.
      Liberty Mutual is the only company I could find, since we also have a dog and heat with wood pellets. We also had to switch our auto policy to them since they said that evened out their risk. (Low risk auto policy, high risk homeowner's according to them.) Their rates were not too much more then what we had before. I have a rider for the daycare with them too, though I still need to find actual liability insurance elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by sahm1225 View Post
        Hi everyone,
        I just received a letter from our homeowners insurance (allstate) which we've had since 2000. The letter says that we have 30 days to prove that I no longer have a home daycare or they will drop us.

I called the 800 number and they don't know why they would drop us since they KNOW that we have a home daycare. I had the daycare insurance through them for a few years and then switched to a company that has better coverage at the suggestion of their agent!

It's SO frustrating! Does anyone have suggestions of insurance companies that offer home owners coverage for a home that has a home daycare?

Thanks!
        State Farm covered me in WV when I was licensed for 6 kids (2001) & still covers me in TN as licensed exempt for 4 babies (They covered me in AR for 5 - I currently have the state recommended liability coverage for a licensed home); they also cover my car... point is they will cover you as long as you are running legal for your state, but you do get a discount on the homeowners/renter if you have car coverage as well; I lived in manufactured housing in 2001 and live in an Energy star home now that is still considered a mobile home, so it doesn't have to be stick built as long as it is state legal

Comment

Working...
        X