Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So I Filed...How Long Until I Know If They Want To Audit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I Filed...How Long Until I Know If They Want To Audit?

I'm just paranoid. If they go ahead and accept the return and we get our refund, does that mean we won't be audited?
    Hee hee! Look, I have a signature!

I would not be so worried. I have several businesses and have never been audited. (knock on wood)

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
      I would not be so worried. I have several businesses and have never been audited. (knock on wood)
      Yeah, I'm trying not to worry...I'm just paranoid! I blame it on the pregnancy hormones.

Comment

From what I understand they can audit you at any time. I got an audit from 2008 at the end of 2010. I had to pay only $800 so it was not too bad.
        I got the audit because my husbAnds company went under and they never sent W2. I filed without it and eventually caught up with me.

That was my first audit in 30 years.
        Don't stress ear some chocolate. Lol

Comment

Audit?

The IRS can audit you back three years with these exceptions: didn't file a tax return, committed fraud, under reported your income by more than 25%. In those cases they can go back further.

Just because you get a refund doesn't mean you can't be audited. In general, audits for 2010 will probably start next year.
          http://www.tomcopelandblog.com

Comment

Gotcha; thanks. I didn't know how it worked. Now I do!

Comment

You just started entering your expenses, how did you finish so quick? Did you go through your house inventory like we spoke about? I started this in Jan and I am still at!! I have not left one stone unturned!

Comment

Working...
              X