Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can’t Claim Expenses If I’m Not Licensed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can’t Claim Expenses If I’m Not Licensed?

I have a question, we are (slowly) doing our taxes ourselves and since Im not licensed Id like to know if Id be able to claim my expenses. Dh stated that on ehow.com they said if Im not licensed I cant claim them. Is this true? If so what can I claim?

I have saved all my receipts, recorded everything down in my calendar keeper for the year, offered receipts to all my dcp ect...

I also apologize if this question has been asked before and Ive overlooked it.
    TIA
    E
    "Being a parent is wanting to hug and strangle your kid at the same time".

Ok El hub said that if Im not required to be licensed then this is ok. Either way any other advice or knowledge is welcome.

Thanks!

Comment

I do not believe it matters if you are unlicensed. Do you have a DBA?

Comment

Originally posted by E Daycare View Post
        I have a question, we are (slowly) doing our taxes ourselves and since Im not licensed Id like to know if Id be able to claim my expenses. Dh stated that on ehow.com they said if Im not licensed I cant claim them. Is this true? If so what can I claim?

I have saved all my receipts, recorded everything down in my calendar keeper for the year, offered receipts to all my dcp ect...

I also apologize if this question has been asked before and Ive overlooked it.
        TIA
        E
        If you need to be licensed in order to be legal for your state, then you can not claim any of the home office deductions, but you can still claim the other stuff.

Comment

Thanks Guys! Figured it out but I appreciate the feedback. Im considered a class B in Ohio so I dont have to be licensed. Phew

Comment

Yep, you get to claim. We're legal here in our state even though we're not registered or licensed.

Heck, in my county, I CAN'T be licensed as my county won't license Type A homes.
            Hee hee! Look, I have a signature!

Comment

Working...
            X