Do I round up or down hours?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do I round up or down hours?

When counting hours open, do I round up or down? Or count it to the exact minute?

I am open 7:30am to 5:30pm. I only have one daycare kid right now. His dad drops him off and picks him up at different times each day.

For example... If they arrive at 8:25am and leaves at 5:10pm, how many hours do I write down on my log?

Originally posted by HappyHeartsChildCare View Post
    When counting hours open, do I round up or down? Or count it to the exact minute?

I am open 7:30am to 5:30pm. I only have one daycare kid right now. His dad drops him off and picks him up at different times each day.

For example... If they arrive at 8:25am and leaves at 5:10pm, how many hours do I write down on my log?
    what hours are you open ready for business? what does your licensing application state?

so mine is 730 to 530pm.

I am always open and ready to go during these hours. I have kids contracted for those hours, however some will not show up until 800 and leave at 515...

I could be wrong, but this is how I have always done it.

Comment

My contracted hours are 7:30am to 5:30pm. I read somewhere that when logging in hours worked to calculate time-space percentage, I can only count the hours when there are daycare kids present?

Comment

I write down the very minute they come and go. It doesn't feel honest to do it any other way to me.

Comment

You can only count hours while a child is actually present. So even if you're open at 7 am but the first child doesn't arrive until 7:30 you can't count hours a child isn't present. However, in a separate column for hours of doing stuff for your business in home you can count, so if at 7 you started to prepare breakfast and clean up you can track those hours.
          So for me, my first 3 kids arrive at 7am, I prepare breakfast clean up and get their quiet activities ready from 6:30-7. Hope that makes sense.

Comment

hours

Originally posted by HappyHeartsChildCare View Post

You can't count time simply because you are open. I'd record time rounded up or down five minutes. So, do record 8:25 am and 5:10pm. You can still count time after the child is gone, or before he arrives, if you are doing business activities.
            http://www.tomcopelandblog.com

Comment

Got it. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
              X