Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Business Financials - Profit and Loss - Reduce Taxes - Business Model ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Business Financials - Profit and Loss - Reduce Taxes - Business Model ...

I am working on and looking for information to make tax time easier, and running a childcare business more successful. This is based on a Sole-Prop

Looking at if we need to reduce attendance to reduce income. Add more and add more staff for write-offs, etc.

I want to build an excel file for a 10,000 ft overview of what it looks like running a child care biz, what to expect, how to reduce costs..
    example:

6 kids @ $1500/mo (California, and this is about avg for our area, some places are around $2000/mo full time!)
    Income: 108,000
    Wages: 30,000 (cant afford full-time staff, this is a combo of staff and our children. Your children can make up to $12,000 a year tax free for work they do for the daycare, modeling on the website, ads, etc)
    Deductions: 20,000 (In Home daycare, supplies, meals, etc)

Net income: 58,000
    Taxes about 20% (11,600) (Ouch!) We have to pay about 15% SE (Self-Employment Tax, Income Tax, State Tax)

Take Home: $46,400
    Per Hour: $22.30 (2080 hours full time employee) [$17.85 Real per hour we did about 2600 hours last year based on Time % ]

Besides some of the benefits of split utilities, etc. Its doesnt seem to be as profitable as it should.

On this spreadsheet, I would like to compare Sole-Prop vs S-Corp, etc.

Has anyone else found out what is a better business model? For all the hard work and for the GovMent to take so much. To make so little per hour, its getting tougher and tougher.

Usually I consult my CPA for how to best manage my business and which deductions to consider in CA for each year.

You may want to consider joining as a member as some posts
    are not accessible to unregistered visitors. Here are some post on DEDUCTIONS and TIME/SPACE PERCENTAGES.

Comment

Working...
    X