Cork Board Alternate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sharlan View Post
    Thanks for the heads up. How many coats of the magnetic paint did you use? Did you completely cover the chalkboard with chalk before using it? I may just try the magnetic paint and forget the chalkboard paint.
    We applied 3 coats of the magnetic paint and when magnetic plastic letters didn't stick as well as I thought they would, I re-coated the area again with the same results.

The chalk board paint went on really thick and was super cool but just didn't come clean after trying to erase all the little doodles and scribbles the kids made. At first I thought it was because I used cheap chalk but then I bought some really good stuff like the teachers use at school and that didn't clean off any better.

We didn't put the chalk board paint over the top of the magnetic stuff though so I don't know how that would work. The area I did was half magnetic and half chalkboard but separately painted.

Comment

Thanks for saving me $$$. I'm not doing it now.

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post
      We applied 3 coats of the magnetic paint and when magnetic plastic letters didn't stick as well as I thought they would, I re-coated the area again with the same results.

The chalk board paint went on really thick and was super cool but just didn't come clean after trying to erase all the little doodles and scribbles the kids made. At first I thought it was because I used cheap chalk but then I bought some really good stuff like the teachers use at school and that didn't clean off any better.

We didn't put the chalk board paint over the top of the magnetic stuff though so I don't know how that would work. The area I did was half magnetic and half chalkboard but separately painted.

Comment

Working...
      X