Favorite Books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite Books

What are your top 5 (or however many) children's books? I'm thinking picture books for toddler/preschool age. I purchased several books recently and the children LOVE them, so I'd like to pick up some more popular ones. What do you and your children like?

ETA: Also, do you always buy hardcover books? If you buy softcover, do you put contact paper over the covers and does that really help?

Here are some of my DCK's favorites (the ones that they pick and I find myself reading over and over again):

Happy Birthday Moon
    If you give a mouse a cookie/If you give a moose a muffin
    No David/David Goes to School/other David series (the boys love these )
    Any of the Dr. Seuss books

Comment

The Little Mouse, the Red Ripe Strawberry and the Big Hungry Bear
      Chicka Chicka Boom Boom
      It Looked Like Spilt Milk
      Caps fpr Sale
      Good Night Moon
      Good Night Gorilla
      Books by Eric Carle
      Books by Don Crews

Comment

green eggs and ham!!! favorite book ever!!!! everything you need to learn in life is in this book!,...
        goodnight moon, bee and me, the foot book, wacky wednesday, in a people house, pop ups, musical, shiny pictures, different textures,... anything that gets their head in a book. I have made them by taking pictures of different body parts, printing them out laminating them and binder ringing them. who's eye is this??? look,.. there is Aydens smile! Look at Quintens ear!!! etc.... LOVE it! We made a foot and hand book,..... I took pics of their hands and feet,.. printed and ringed them,.. we spend hours looking through the books!for young readers, any judy blume book, or any boxcar children. The itty bitties seem to love the repetition books,... think bright colors,.. I buy used books where ever we are. Ive carted books literally from canada, to california, to washington to maine! . I love books!

Comment

Mr. Brown can Moo, Can You?
          Good Night Moon
          Chicka Chicka Boom Boom
          The Kissing Hand
          Dr. Seuss' ABC ("Big A, Little A, what begins with A? Auntie Annie's Alligator, A, A, A..". My kids could both recite this whole book!)

Comment

I forgot to adde the "I Spy" books-all my ages love them!

Comment

Elephant and Piggy books and Pigeon books by Mo Willems
              Anything by Sandra Boynton (they are board books but even my 3yr olds love them)
              Orange Pear Apple Bear by Emily Gravett
              Froggy books by Jonathan London
              Eric Carle's books

Oh and I only put out a few at a time and teach them how to respect the books. I rotate them daily.
              Celebrate! ::

Comment

My kids LOVE Dr. Suess, any and all of them. They could recite One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish from memory

Chicka Chicka Boom Boom, Chicka Chicka 1 2 3

Brown/Polar/Panda Bear What Do You See?

Any Laura Numeroff books

Any Robert Munsch book (I Love You Forever is their fav)

Comment

Has anyone heard of Usborne books for toddlers. My favorites are the feel ones!!

Comment

eric carle books
                    click clack cows that type is a huge fav
                    goodnight moon
                    chicka chicka boom boom..they know by heart LOL
                    dr. seuss books..esp. the Tooth book

i have both soft and hard covers. board books stay down where they can reach but the 'expensive' ones (LOL) are up and we have story time thru out the day. i do not trust lil hands on those nice books.

Comment

Not for the super young but my toddlers LOVE:
                      "Pirates don't change dirty diapers" by Melinda Long (she has a few more Pirate ones that they also love)
                      "I'll love you forever" (I'm sorry but I love this book as an adult)
                      "Ten Little Fingers and Ten Little Toes" by Mem Fox. (My 2yo's were obsessed with this one last year!
                      "Skippyjon Jones" by Judy Schaechner (There are a few of these)...they are hilarious about a siamese cat that thinks he's a chihuhua!

Comment

Any of the "Little People Lift the Flap Books" (they have lots of them in different themes)

Each Little People Book focuses on teaching them their shapes, opposites, emotions, all in the same book! They have learned so much from them & they LOVE them!

Comment

The Little Mouse, the Red Ripe Strawberry and the Big Hungry Bear
                          Silly Sally
                          Merry Christmas Big Hungry Bear
                          Pinkalicious
                          Chicka Chicka Boom Boom
                          If you give a mouse a cookie
                          Cookies Week
                          Ella Sarah Gets Dressed

Comment

Originally posted by BentleysBands View Post
                            eric carle books
                            click clack cows that type is a huge fav
                            goodnight moon
                            chicka chicka boom boom..they know by heart LOL
                            dr. seuss books..esp. the Tooth book

i have both soft and hard covers. board books stay down where they can reach but the 'expensive' ones (LOL) are up and we have story time thru out the day. i do not trust lil hands on those nice books.
                            YES! I LOVE Click Clack Cows That Type!! I can't even read that book outloud with out laughing! That is such a great book!
                            I participate with Scholastic books and do the book orders like the one's the kids bring home from school. You can set it up so parents can order on-line. You get books so cheap and every month there is atleast one book for $1. Plus when the parents order I earn points and can use the points towards book purchases. It is a great way to buy inexpensive books. All the noteworthy authors can be found there too!

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post
                              YES! I LOVE Click Clack Cows That Type!! I can't even read that book outloud with out laughing! That is such a great book!
                              I participate with Scholastic books and do the book orders like the one's the kids bring home from school. You can set it up so parents can order on-line. You get books so cheap and every month there is atleast one book for $1. Plus when the parents order I earn points and can use the points towards book purchases. It is a great way to buy inexpensive books. All the noteworthy authors can be found there too!
                              How did you get setup to use Scholastic?? I always want to order from my dck's but not sure how it would work.

Comment

Working...
                              X