X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unregistered
    Guest replied
    Hello everyone!

Hello. My name is Armad Thomas. I am a single dad living in Pennsylvania. I do not own/run/work at a daycare, but I am looking to find work painting them. I have only completed one site, and already have a few offers to do more. I have no idea where to begin, how to market myself, what to charge, what paint to use....anything. I would be so grateful to anyone who would be willing to let me pick their brain for a while.

Also, I'm not a frequent user of forums. Where, if at all, should I repost this?

Leave a comment:

• kluna1014
    replied
    New to this Site

Hello! I am located in Minnesota. I found this site while searching for daily reports for infants. I just recently opened my home daycare in October. I worked in a center for a few years until it closed. Home daycare is definitely a LOT different than the center, but it has it's positives! I do miss the adult conversations during the day, but toddlers and preschoolers make for some VERY interesting conversations. I am looking forward to learning from everyone else here!

Leave a comment:

• Auntie'sHouse
    replied
    Hi, I'm Carol....Licensed daycare provider in Md for 1.5 years now. Finally doing what I love although sometimes I wonder...I turn to the daycare forum often for everything. Can't wait to share and receive new ideas..

Leave a comment:

• Blackcat31
    replied
    Originally posted by Lefse&Kids View Post
    Hello, I'm Heather and, as of a few months ago, I just started my own In-Home Daycare. I have always dreamed of having a positive influence on kids and make a difference, even if its just a small one. Well, 5 years and 2 kids later I have the chance.

I am very thankful to have found this forum because, although my educational background helps out a lot, it is quite the reality check bumping into different parenting styles and child personalities. The tips are great and I don't feel quite so alone when I don't know what to do in a situation.

Thank you so much for this website!
    Welcome to the forum!

Nice to see a few more folks from the northern part of the country on board!

Leave a comment:

• Lefse&Kids
    replied
    New to Daycare

Hello, I'm Heather and, as of a few months ago, I just started my own In-Home Daycare. I have always dreamed of having a positive influence on kids and make a difference, even if its just a small one. Well, 5 years and 2 kids later I have the chance.

I am very thankful to have found this forum because, although my educational background helps out a lot, it is quite the reality check bumping into different parenting styles and child personalities. The tips are great and I don't feel quite so alone when I don't know what to do in a situation.

Thank you so much for this website!

Leave a comment:

• deboraharangel
    replied
    Hi i am Deborah and proud to enter in a vocation of marriage soon...

Leave a comment:

• Blackcat31
    replied
    Originally posted by branbeth View Post
    Hello I am new to this form. I am 56 years old and a grandmother of 3 toddlers. I desire to open a child care center to serve children ages 6 weeks through 12 years. I am interested in caring for the whole family which is why I will have a parent center component to my center. My strong desire is to service families of children with special health care needs. My second child had special needs and I vowed that close to retirement I would help those families. I am currently seaching for a building that meets all city and national building codes. I am also searching for a good policy and proceedure guideline. I am excited about being part of this forum
    Welcome to the forum! Your status has been upgraded so you can post without moderation now.

Leave a comment:

• branbeth
    replied
    I am looking to open new child care center

Hello I am new to this form. I am 56 years old and a grandmother of 3 toddlers. I desire to open a child care center to serve children ages 6 weeks through 12 years. I am interested in caring for the whole family which is why I will have a parent center component to my center. My strong desire is to service families of children with special health care needs. My second child had special needs and I vowed that close to retirement I would help those families. I am currently seaching for a building that meets all city and national building codes. I am also searching for a good policy and proceedure guideline. I am excited about being part of this forum

Leave a comment:

• Blackcat31
    replied
    Originally posted by Honeybee View Post
    Hello everyone! My name is Sara and I am in Anchorage, Alaska. I love teaching 3 to 5 year olds and I am currently in the middle of starting my own preschool. The forum is very helpful and full of great ideas. Thank you for allowing me to be part of it.
    Welcome! Your status has been upgraded so you can post without moderation now

Leave a comment:

• Honeybee
    replied
    Greetings

Hello everyone! My name is Sara and I am in Anchorage, Alaska. I love teaching 3 to 5 year olds and I am currently in the middle of starting my own preschool. The forum is very helpful and full of great ideas. Thank you for allowing me to be part of it.

Leave a comment:

• caregiver42107
    replied
    Hi there, I hope I am doing this right, I have never been on one of these before, but I am a child care Provider with licensed daycare in my home and am having a hard time finding advice from people who go through similar experiences, and with maybe some more experience. I really dont know how to post questions yet, so i am hoping i will get the hang of it quickly. Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by earlystart View Post
    Hello,

Just introducing myself, as I've just registered a new account. I've read this forum before, but I thought I'd take the time to register. I've been a preschool teacher since 2006, and I'm currently in the process of opening a home daycare so that I can stay home with my 1 year old son. I've got my home inspection visit on Friday, Sept. 7th, and I already have a coworker's 3 month old baby lined up as my first client. I'm very excited to be able to work for myself and make all my own decisions
    Welcome to the Daycare.com Forum! I've upgraded your status. You can post freely now.

Leave a comment:

• earlystart
    replied
    Introduction

Hello,

Just introducing myself, as I've just registered a new account. I've read this forum before, but I thought I'd take the time to register. I've been a preschool teacher since 2006, and I'm currently in the process of opening a home daycare so that I can stay home with my 1 year old son. I've got my home inspection visit on Friday, Sept. 7th, and I already have a coworker's 3 month old baby lined up as my first client. I'm very excited to be able to work for myself and make all my own decisions

Leave a comment:

• dana
    Guest replied
    Glad to be here.

I wish I had joined this years ago. I have been either a daycare provider or nanny for the past 25 years. It has truly been a blessing!

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    Welcome to the Daycare.com Forum! I've upgraded your status. You can post freely now.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X