X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HappyOwl
    replied
    Originally posted by amberrose3dg View Post
    He probably is. All of my daycare kids that go to school are afraid of him. He lives next door.
    OMG! He sounds awful!

Leave a comment:

• HappyOwl
    replied
    Originally posted by storybookending View Post
    Okay just read the replies. I would be demanding that the child be bought bigger diapers and dressed in appropriate sized clothing. Educate mom if that what she needs but if it is just laziness turn the child away at the door.. I bet that would solve the problem real quick!
    Yeah... thats going to have to happen. If she cant do all those things and bring him with a fresh diaper in the mornings, I'm going to have to say buh bye

Leave a comment:

• lovemykidstoo
    replied
    He probably is. All of my daycare kids that go to school are afraid of him. He lives next door.
    I would be afraid of him too. He doesn't sound like just a spoiled brat. He sounds evil!

Leave a comment:

• amberrose3dg
    replied
    Originally posted by lovemykidstoo View Post
    WOW!!! He sounds like a sociapath!

Leave a comment:

• lovemykidstoo
    replied
    I feel scared for how the majority of kids are being raised now. I honestly do. I see so much disrespect from kids ages 8 to 16 right now. My neighbors kid just in the last 3 months has:
    1. pulled a knife on another kid and threatened them.She said that some other kid gave him the knife and it had been handled. He is outside playing the next day like it never happened.
    2. Threw big boulder rocks at the neighborhood cars and people walking by him. Again no real punishment.
    3. Killed a goose with a rock just last weekend.
    4. Threw a dead bird and a pile of dog **** in my yard because i wouldn't let him come play in our yard with our playset.
    This boy is in 4th grade!!! He is allowed to run the streets. Yet she yells at my daycare kid and son for running in OUR yard claiming they are teasing her dogs that are left outside 24/7. Did I mention people annoy me .
    I cannot control my neighbor and her bad ass kids but i can control what goes on in my daycare.
    WOW!!! He sounds like a sociapath!

Leave a comment:

• lovemykidstoo
    replied
    Originally posted by HappyOwl View Post
    Isn't that crazy? It always trips me out how scared parents seem to be these days to make their kid cry to take something away. I've had a kid dropped off with a spatula, one with a bottle of lotion and another dropped off the moms nail polish! The moms are always like "he is going to totally freak out if I take this away..." I'm like ok... and I just take it out of their hands and hand it to the parent like 'here' and the child 9 out of 10 times doesn't even cry. The parent looks at me like "woooow... how'd you do that??" LOL! ::
    I had one with a rubber band yesterday. Did what you did, took it away handed it to dad haha! Same response that you got

Leave a comment:

• amberrose3dg
    replied
    Originally posted by HappyOwl View Post
    Isn't that crazy? It always trips me out how scared parents seem to be these days to make their kid cry to take something away. I've had a kid dropped off with a spatula, one with a bottle of lotion and another dropped off the moms nail polish! The moms are always like "he is going to totally freak out if I take this away..." I'm like ok... and I just take it out of their hands and hand it to the parent like 'here' and the child 9 out of 10 times doesn't even cry. The parent looks at me like "woooow... how'd you do that??" LOL! ::
    I feel scared for how the majority of kids are being raised now. I honestly do. I see so much disrespect from kids ages 8 to 16 right now. My neighbors kid just in the last 3 months has:
    1. pulled a knife on another kid and threatened them.She said that some other kid gave him the knife and it had been handled. He is outside playing the next day like it never happened.
    2. Threw big boulder rocks at the neighborhood cars and people walking by him. Again no real punishment.
    3. Killed a goose with a rock just last weekend.
    4. Threw a dead bird and a pile of dog **** in my yard because i wouldn't let him come play in our yard with our playset.
    This boy is in 4th grade!!! He is allowed to run the streets. Yet she yells at my daycare kid and son for running in OUR yard claiming they are teasing her dogs that are left outside 24/7. Did I mention people annoy me .
    I cannot control my neighbor and her bad ass kids but i can control what goes on in my daycare.

Leave a comment:

• storybookending
    replied
    Okay just read the replies. I would be demanding that the child be bought bigger diapers and dressed in appropriate sized clothing. Educate mom if that what she needs but if it is just laziness turn the child away at the door.. I bet that would solve the problem real quick!

Leave a comment:

• HappyOwl
    replied
    It sure does. I had a parent try and send her crazy 3 year old here with a rock. A good, size put someone's eye out rock. She actually handed to him in front of me. I handed it right back to her. God forbid her poor wittle pumpkin cry for 2 minutes because he couldn't bring a weapon to daycare. It amazes me at some of the stupid, lazy stuff these parents try and pull. She needs to do something about her kid pooping all over the place, not you.

Leave a comment:

• storybookending
    replied
    I haven’t read the replies but is the child in the wrong size diapers or a lesser quality brand? If so maybe that would also help. The pooping is one thing but for it to be leaking so much is what concerns me.

Leave a comment:

• HappyOwl
    replied
    HappyEverAfter - Yes I have been putting some size 5 pampers on him that I have left over from a past child I used to have here... especially at his nap times. They work great for him here. I told the mom this too and she says "thats crazy because they always leak for me". :confused: I feel like she always responds this way because she doesn't want to admit that I'm right or that this is true and she needs to buy bigger ones.

He only poops usually once a day - so those morning ones are the doozies. If he doesn't do it on his way here, he always does it within the first couple hours of the day.

I have also told her numerous times that his overalls are too tight and that his onesies are giving him wedgies and she always says "I know - I need to get his bigger clothes out of boxes. We just moved and I have to unpack them". They moved like 3 months ago... lazinessssss. That is main problem with her.

amberrose3dg - I never thought of that. He has a car seat with a base that she left here yesterday. It's a Chicco brand. I just googled what I think it is and it says the limit is 30 lbs. This baby is really big for his age so its possible he could be close or over that limit. Maybe that is contributing to the problem. Too much tightness all around!

Leave a comment:

• lovemykidstoo
    replied
    It sure does. I had a parent try and send her crazy 3 year old here with a rock. A good, size put someone's eye out rock. She actually handed to him in front of me. I handed it right back to her. God forbid her poor wittle pumpkin cry for 2 minutes because he couldn't bring a weapon to daycare. It amazes me at some of the stupid, lazy stuff these parents try and pull. She needs to do something about her kid pooping all over the place, not you.
    It's the "can't hear them cry" generation

Leave a comment:

• amberrose3dg
    replied
    Originally posted by lovemykidstoo View Post
    Every year it gets worse doesn't it?

Leave a comment:

• lovemykidstoo
    replied
    Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post
    Right?! I totally understand and it's something I rarely if ever do either but it does seem to be the way it is now days.
    Every year it gets worse doesn't it?

Leave a comment:

• lovemykidstoo
    replied
    Originally posted by HappyEverAfter View Post
    I would definitely agree that this kids diapers do not fit and he needs to go up a size. No kid should have so many routine diaper leaks. Does he poop again later in the day while in your care? If so, do the diapers leak then too? Do you have a spare size 4 diaper you could try on him to see if it holds better? And if it does you can tell dcm that he has to go up a size.

Another question would be is his car seat too little? I had one dcm who continued to forcefully squeeze her 10 mth old into his newborn carrier type car seat because she said it was too expensive for him to have outgrown it so quickly. He was way too big for it and his legs hung way out of it and the buckle was so tight that you had to push on his stomach to undo it. It wasn’t until I mentioned the hazards of using an improper car seat that she finally sprang for one that was suited to his size. If your dcb is being squeezed into a tiny car seat it could be pushing on his stomach/hips and making the poop ooze out.
    I agree, there is something else going on. It's not just that he poops on the way over. I have an 8 month old that weighs 23.5 pounds and he just before he ups a size in diapers he leaks all over. Good idea on the carseat!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X