Parent Late Again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parent Late Again...

So DCD just called me to tell me he is cashing his check and will probly be a few minutes late. This will be the 6th time in a month that he is late. I do not have a late fee policy as I have never dealt with disrespect towards me on this issue before. And frankly a fee is not worth it to me. No amount of money makes up for the fact that you blantly disrespect my hours. Time is a big sticking point for me. Going to have a talk with dad at pick up and tell him while I appreciate that he may have to work later some evenings, if his job requires he works past the point of being able to pick up by 5:30 then he needs to find a daycare that is open till 6 or whenever. Yes it may only be 5 to 15 minutes, but it really chaps my hide! I am more then willing to open 15 minutes early, but don't ask me to stay open 15 minutes late!! That may sound strange, but it's how I am. 530 is it. Later then that and I am a very unhappy provider.
    I hate confrontation so hope I can actually talk to him when he gets here and not just cranky that he is late. I know if I don't say anything I have no one to blame buy myself, but I really hate it!

Take a breath, stand up straight, and tell him what you told us. You don't do late fees because no amount.... etc........will not be tolerated and will end up in termination. Then do the famous "daycare.com staredown". No man likes to be told twice.

Comment

My parents are pretty good about being on time so on the rare occasion when they are late I just let it slide...but it sounds like your dcp is abusing your time.

Being the type of person that does not like confrontation myself this is what I would do: Type up a short little note about late fees and hours and give it to parent...I would just say..."Just a heads up on my late fees, I have some activities planned and will need to be out of the house by...(5 min after your closing time.) Then the very next time he is late...just add the late fee to his total bill.

Comment

I have to agree with you on - no money is worth my time when it comes to late pick ups...I would much rather have them pick up on time than make extra money !!

Comment

Daycare TAX

Can you please give me some info about taxes, I would like to know how much tax credit the parents are allowed to get for 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
            Can you please give me some info about taxes, I would like to know how much tax credit the parents are allowed to get for 2010.
            Suggest you register to become a Daycare.com Forum member. You can also join us for our Tax Webinar with Tom Copeland "How to Reduce Your Taxes for 2010 and 2011!". For more info: https://www.daycare.com/news/taxes/tom-copeland-webinar.html

Comment

Working...
            X