Pregnancy and Change of Hours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pregnancy and Change of Hours

I am currently, a member and pregnant with my third child but I logged out for obvious reasons. I'm thinking ahead on how to handle my daycare when baby arrives. Right now I am planning not to tell families until I am 12-14 weeks or later depending on how I am showing. Then come Sept when I'm around 7 months I would like to switch my hours to 4 days a week. This is partly to transition out of school age care for my one full time family and also schedule doc appts and have additional time with my family. All my other families are only 4 days week so that's not a problem. I am just wondering how and when to tell the school age family. I'm a little concerned because they are neighbors... Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Should I tell by word of mouth or have a letter stating the changes. Thanks

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I am currently, a member and pregnant with my third child but I logged out for obvious reasons. I'm thinking ahead on how to handle my daycare when baby arrives. Right now I am planning not to tell families until I am 12-14 weeks or later depending on how I am showing. Then come Sept when I'm around 7 months I would like to switch my hours to 4 days a week. This is partly to transition out of school age care for my one full time family and also schedule doc appts and have additional time with my family. All my other families are only 4 days week so that's not a problem. I am just wondering how and when to tell the school age family. I'm a little concerned because they are neighbors... Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Should I tell by word of mouth or have a letter stating the changes. Thanks
    I would have a letter ready with just the facts about the change and when it's happening. If you want to go into more detail about the "why", then tell them in person.
    Always do what's best for you and don't hesitate to do what you need to do. It's taken me a few years to adopt this attitude. Good luck!

Comment

Question totally not related to what you asked, how long do you plan to close? I am also pregnant due the end of September , I haven't told my families yet as I'm not sure what to tell them exactly.

Comment

Congratulation! I am planning on closing for a week unpaid, then my husband who gets 5 weeks PTO will take 2 weeks pto to cover with weeks 2 and 3 so I can finish healing and have some quality time with the little one. At least that's the plan for now. I'd say if you can swing it take all the time you need.

Comment

Let me know if this letter sound ok, and if I should disclose the policy change at the same time as my maternity leave plan.

This is the inform you of upcoming policy changes and my maternity leave.

Policy change:
          Effective the week of (x), I will be changing my hours of operation to only be open 4 days week, Monday-Thursday. This business change is in the best interest of my family. I understand that this may result in some difficult decisions. If you are unable to accommodate these changes, please return the enclosed withdrawal notice.. Please remember that I require 2 weeks written notice of withdrawal accompanied by the final 2 weeks of payment.

Maternity leave Plan:
          My due date is (x date), but as we all know babies are on their own schedule. I will notify you to pick up you children should I go into labor during care hours. Otherwise you will be notified when the 1 week closing takes effect. Rest assured, I will be keeping you informed as we approach the pending date and am fully confident in still being able to provide the level care your children need. For 2 weeks after I re-open, my husband and mother will be assisting me with the daycare. Please feel free to bring any questions you may have to my attention. I’m happy to discuss these plans with you in more detail. Thanks in advance for your reflecting on these changes. As always let me know in what ways I can help.

Comment

Working...
          X