Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nasty Virus in My County

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Nasty Virus in My County



    Someone shared this link on a local parenting page. In short, my county is seeing a lot of cases of a nasty respiratory virus that primarily strikes infants and toddlers. Would you take any additional precautions above your normal illness protocols to help protect your group of primarily toddlers?

    Also all inquires I've had lately have been for infants so I'm doubly concerned.
    Hee hee! Look, I have a signature!

  • #2
    I diffuse thieves oil every morning about an hour before first babies get here when any kind of virus or illness is in the area... I also clean with plant based essential oils which seems to keep germs down here. Since all my kids are tinies, mouthing is a big thing so I have duplicate & triplicates of popular toys - I can sanitize one while kiddies have a clean one to play with.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by LysesKids View Post
      I diffuse thieves oil every morning about an hour before first babies get here when any kind of virus or illness is in the area... I also clean with plant based essential oils which seems to keep germs down here. Since all my kids are tinies, mouthing is a big thing so I have duplicate & triplicates of popular toys - I can sanitize one while kiddies have a clean one to play with.
      Can you explain what theives oil is?

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by midaycare View Post
        Can you explain what theives oil is?
        Thieves essential oil is a blend of highly antiviral, antiseptic, antibacterial, anti-infectious essential oils. Thieves was created from research of a group of 15th-century thieves, the ‘4 thieves’, who rubbed oils on themselves to avoid contracting the deadly plague while they robbed the bodies of the dead and dying. When apprehended, these thieves disclosed the formula of herbs, spices, and oils they used to protect themselves in exchange for more lenient punishment.

        *Clove essential oil is analgesic, antibacterial, antifungal, anti-inflammatory, a strong antiseptic, and an immune stimulant
        *Lemon essential oil is antiviral, antifungal, antiseptic, and antidepressant
        *Cinnamon essential oil is antibacterial, antifungal, anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, antiviral, antiparasitic, and anti-infectious
        *Eucalyptus essential oil is analgesic, antibacterial, anti-infectious, antiviral, and an expectorant
        *Rosemary essential oil is analgesic, antibacterial, antifungal, anti-infectious, and also an expectorant

        You can add a few drops to a glass of water to gargle, I actually add a few drops to a spoonful of Manuka honey and eat it to combat illness each morning
        You have to watch out when mixing in the cinnamon oil, it burns... you can find recipes online, and for it's many uses

        Comment


        • #5
          There is some debate about the safety of certain essential oils being used around children. Here is a list of them and their concerns.



          I don't use any EO's but thought I would share the info.

          Peppermint and Eucalyptus oils are never recommended to be used around small children.

          Last edited by Blackcat31; 09-03-2014, 08:06 AM.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post
            There is some debate about the safety of certain essential oils being used around children. Here is a list of them and their concerns.



            I don't use any EO's but thought I would share the info.

            Peppermint and Eucalyptus oils are never recommended to be used around small children.
            That's why I diffuse my thieves before kids get there... I clean with Benefect which is a plant based, EPA approved , hospital grade disinfectant. Any other essential oils are used only on weekends when kids aren't present

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by LysesKids View Post
              That's why I diffuse my thieves before kids get there... I clean with Benefect which is a plant based, EPA approved , hospital grade disinfectant. Any other essential oils are used only on weekends when kids aren't present
              Does it help with allergies and common cold like symptoms for you at all?

              I'd love to learn more about this as my DH is a type 1 diabetic and when the cold/flu season rolls around he is so miserable because he is so limited on what methods he can use to help eliminate the symptoms and the illnesses themselves as every OTC type med affects his blood sugar so much that its awful.

              Comment


              • #8
                You can take and mix a few drops of Eucalyptus in almond oil and rub on bottom of your feet when congested, and yes, I believe the thieves oil helps keep illness down... so far the flu has evaded the childcare for 5 years running. My Benefect is a no rinse product... it can even be used on toys and is less toxic than vinegar & water; spray on and let dry, even for mouthed toys ( it's spendy, but so are the oils for Thieves)

                Comment


                • #9
                  I use this blend in and around the daycare: http://www.learningabouteos.com/inde...-and-children/

                  Hee hee! Look, I have a signature!

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X