A Kid That Repeats Everything

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Kid That Repeats Everything

Anyone have any advice? I have a 4 year old who repeats almost EVERYTHING my 3 year old says, especially when he is talking to me. They get along great and stuff, I just don't understand it. He even repeats "Hi, Mama!" if my son says it. He started calling me Mama because of it.
    I keep telling him not to repeat my son, but he keeps doing it. Any suggestions?
    For a long time, he was a LOT slower than everyone else. He was basically where my son was for about a year and a half and I think they're at the same stage now, too.

Are you close enough to the mom to suggest (gently) an evaluation? SOunds like possible echolalia
    Hee hee! Look, I have a signature!

Comment

I had this kid. he would repeat everything everyone said...

He was a huge TV watcher and all he knew how to do was memorize everything buy hearing it over and over.

I got him to stop by doing it back to him or ignoring it all together. I would just walk to the other room. OR I would ignore him and say GO PLAY....

NOW when he had something good to say that he came up with on his own, I would make sure I gave him 100% of my attention eyes ears and facing him., He just wanted attention.

Comment

Working...
      X