X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DCMom
    replied
    Originally posted by WImom View Post
    How long does that carpet mask stuff last? Could I use it under the table and replace it once a month? Can it be wiped off just like a vinyl floor could be?

I have carpet under my Daycare table for art/eating and was wondering how I would keep it clean under there. (Opening next week so I haven't tested it out yet)

It lasts a pretty long time~I think it has a lot to do with the type of carpet you have. I have more level loop, commercial style and it has lasted since June. It probably should be replaced now, but I only wanted it for the summer.

If you have a more plush carpet it probably wouldn't last as long. I use 2-3 layers because it is somewhat thin. You wouldn't be able to mop it, but I spot wipe every day..

Leave a comment:

• Abigail
    replied
    Originally posted by Crystal View Post
    Yes to the shower curtain. Even though my floors are tile, I have a clear shower curtain under my easels. I found duct tape that matches my tile and taped the perimeter of the shower curtain to the floor so that it stays in place. Under my tables, I have $20 area rugs, so if they get ruined, it's a cheap replacement, and they look nice.
    Can you add Duct Tape to your expenses? LOL.....I've even seen it in HOT PINK

Leave a comment:

• WImom
    replied
    How long does that carpet mask stuff last? Could I use it under the table and replace it once a month? Can it be wiped off just like a vinyl floor could be?

I have carpet under my Daycare table for art/eating and was wondering how I would keep it clean under there. (Opening next week so I haven't tested it out yet)

Leave a comment:

• tenderhearts
    replied
    When we did our new carpet we kept large strips so I have that under the preschool table, it's been there for over 2 yrs and it still hasn't had any "accidents" on it. We paint, do plato, all kinds of stuff. The shower curtain is a good idea too.

Leave a comment:

• emosks
    replied
    We have mats under the table that the kids eat at and do their crafts at.

Leave a comment:

• DCMom
    replied
    I use carpet mask that is meant for RV's, model homes, etc. It comes on a roll and sticks to the carpet protecting it from spills, etc. In the summer I have 14 kids, so I mask off the entry area and the area under my extra table because the olders kids eat there. I use a double layer and it stands up pretty well.

I use in the winter too when snow and muck get tracked in. Then I don't have to clean my carpeting every 10 minutes.

Leave a comment:

• Golden Rule
    replied
    If the tables are small enough, you could use those plastic trays, with raised edges, that are intended to go under washing machines to prevent floor damage for hardwoods.

I bought several before I moved into this house for the same reason. Eventually I just let the children sit directly in them (one child per tray) instead of messing up the tables. Clean up was easy, stack them and take them out for a rinse with a garden hose. They stacked and stored easily, too.

I gave them to friends a couple years back or I would post a pic....

Leave a comment:

• Lilbutterflie
    replied
    Canvas drop cloths can be purchased for about $10-$20 at hardware stores. Or fabric stores sometimes also carry cheap plastic (people put it over their table cloths) by the yard. I remember paying about $5 for 3 or 4 yards of it.

Leave a comment:

• JenNJ
    replied
    Shower curtains (from Dollar Tree) or the plastic table cloths. Either one worls great when rinsed by the hose after the mess.

Leave a comment:

• kidkair
    replied
    A large roll of plastic sheeting like to cover for painting walls might be more economical than a shower curtain. I personally would not do painting inside and focus on other mediums that are easier to clean up. Painting out in the snow is fun to do too.

Leave a comment:

• Crystal
    replied
    Yes to the shower curtain. Even though my floors are tile, I have a clear shower curtain under my easels. I found duck tape that matches my tile and taped the perimeter of the shower curtain to the floor so that it stays in place. Under my tables, I have $20 area rugs, so if they get ruined, it's a cheap replacement, and they look nice.

Leave a comment:

• DCMomOf3
    started a topic Protecting Carpet From Art?

Protecting Carpet From Art?

My daycare rooms are fully carpeted so right now I do messy arts outside, but with fall and winter coming in a few months I will have to bring them back inside. I am planning on getting my 1yo. DCKs involved this year and am not looking forward to paint stained carpets. Do you think just a shower curtain under thier tables is ok? Do you have better ideas?
Working...
X