No announcement yet.

Michigan DHS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this is totally ridiculous! this state's economy is horrible right now. for you to turn your nose up at someone who wants to pay u using dhs benefits while she works is absurd. if you keep only caring for that one child you will be applying for assistance next. maybe there is a good reason you only care for the one child. you can't spell worth a damn! snob

Comment

UNREGISTERED ~ You have no clue what you are talking about! This post is over a year old, and you cant even register on here to put your two cents in!! :: It's my thought that you are either one of the people receiving or you are just plain ignorant to the facts of having to deal with State Payments and Headaches!! The provider probably has plenty of children she is caring for now and hopefully NOT state paid. From my experience, it was slow in the begining..... 16 years ago. I used to care for state paid families, but was screwed over sooooo many times from the state of michigan. Then in 2006, the governor helped form a union for providers, then proceeded to steal money from providers to run the union...without their concent. We were forced to be unionized. That is when I decided NOT to accept any more. A group of providers have sued the state of michigan over the unionization, and just won last month.... they get their union dues all returned to them. Anyway, Now I have 12 full time children and not one are state of michigan subsidized. No more worries about not getting paid, no more keeping on the parents that "forget" to bill or "dont feel a responsibility to do their part in order to receive their "freebies". I've had parents in the past that complained about having to pay 25 cents per hour and couldn't pay me on time.... I'd rather take on responsible parents that are willing to pay $125 per week per child for quality care and NOT complain!!! This is my business, I'm not a babysitter!

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        this is totally ridiculous! this state's economy is horrible right now. for you to turn your nose up at someone who wants to pay u using dhs benefits while she works is absurd. if you keep only caring for that one child you will be applying for assistance next. maybe there is a good reason you only care for the one child. you can't spell worth a damn! snob
        .....and you can't capitalize worth a darn!....

Pot calling the kettle black?

Comment

Thanks for the helpful information

Thanks for the helpful information

Comment

Questions for childcare providers;

I am new to this and have a few questions. I'm a 22 year old single parent going to school full-time. I recently applied for benefits & was approved. The Michigan bridges website says my son is approved for childcare from December 4th-17th, I called his daycare& they said that's unusual that it was only approved for a 2 week time period. So I rechecked, & it has 2 week periods until November of 2012. My provider has not received anything from the DHS office & neither have I about it. I'm confused on if the payments have already started, if so do they go to her or do I receive the check until she gets the paperwork? My DHS office is very snobby & I'm not sure how this whole process works. Any help. Please.

Comment

Most of MI billing is on line now. Have your provider check on line. She should have a provider number. I haven't done state pay daycare in a couple of years. I have called clients workers to get the information that I need.

Comment

Originally posted by Childminder View Post
                Yep, mostly just a bunch of low life idjits! JMO
                Not right...have you ever thought that there are moms out there that do need to help you just have dealt with idiots try interview in a little bit better

Comment

Working...
                X